5

San Francisco is planning to zone the skies above for residential use. This article describes a city commissioner's plan to build helium (not hydrogen) filled dirigibles for folk to call home.
My favorite line:

Leaving at any other time will require the use of a small gondola that descends on a cable. However, that ride could get a little hairy, especially during the brisk Santa Ana winds that blow through here during autumn and early winter.”

Print this post
5
Responses to ... Oh, the Humanity!
Anonymous said... August 26, 2007 at 10:21 AM

That is crazy. I'd like to be able to go outside whenever I want, without using a small gondola. That would just piss me off. It was funny to read, though.

Lauren said... August 26, 2007 at 4:52 PM

Um....wow...

Is this a joke?

Reminds me of the Jetsons...only lame.

Unknown said... August 26, 2007 at 8:35 PM

That sounds like fun! Fill it with hydrogen and have a good old Hindenburg time!

Anonymous said... August 26, 2007 at 8:42 PM

It will be mad fun to live in a blimp... untill a terrorist decides to fly a plane right into it... Think about it these 'floating houses' will be very vulnerable, a target for some man or woman who is at ropes end to hijack a plane and... SMASH.
It's just not smart.

Anonymous said... August 26, 2007 at 9:25 PM

Oh, jeez. What will they think of next? It's like little kids imagining what the future will hold... flying cars, floating houses, meals in a pill. It's only in the movies, gov. Won't actually work.

Onto the more important issue at hand: I've fallen in love with Don Delillo. I've decided I even like his writing style more than Pahleniuk's (because Chuck uses more shock value instead of good writing to keep us interested). White Noise is definitely one of the best books I've read in the past six months. And I've read a few. Good call, Stallings.

-Karen "holy crap" vonMoses

Post a Comment