7

American Civil Literacy Quiz.  I got 84.85%  I'll be retaking AP History and Economics next session.

Print this post
7
Responses to ... One More Quiz: How's Your US History Knowledge?
Gwyn said... November 21, 2008 at 2:35 PM

http://www.hemmy.net/images/animals/animalfriendship13.jpg

MemorableName said... November 21, 2008 at 5:58 PM

Holy...

96.97%---in yo' face!

In any case, still keeping a cool blog, Stallings. That MLK comic you posted a while back was awesome, and I've been meaning to ask if you can recommend a good book on rhetoric. In particular, I'm seeking something that not only gives good insight into rhetorical devices, but gives good examples of when they've been used (and to what effect).

Anonymous said... November 23, 2008 at 8:21 AM

The knitting blog is in need of your expertise! I just uploaded pictures and they're huuuuuge. What do I do!?

I will be perusing this blog very soon. Hope you're all well. =]

JStallings said... November 23, 2008 at 11:47 AM

Memorable: How's it going? Blast your greater knowledge of our economic system! I missed most that tested my understanding of the free market system or taxation... Oh well. Off the top of my head, I always recommend Silva Rhetoricae, as it has examples of each device. I can't remember the name of the textbook I loved in college, if that's what you're after. I'll check when I get home.

vonMo: I fixed the images. Check your email for a complete explanation.

Unknown said... November 24, 2008 at 6:08 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JStallings said... November 24, 2008 at 6:24 PM

[Previous post deleted by moderator]: "I decided to instead write about why rumors about sluts arent started or spread at our school like they are at other schools, when were writing our articles is it okay to assume the audience has read the book?"

Don't assume your reader has read the book. Focus on our school, how people interact with one another, how cliques work, etc. Give your reader a solid vision of our school, then explain how rumors spread in other schools.
If you have experience with other schools, use this experience as contrast and back with the commentary of the book, or your own insight.
Don't synopsize your book, just use it as support when needed. Does that make sense?

Jeff Daffern said... December 7, 2008 at 7:15 PM

hey Stallings, can you post exactly we are supposed to be doing for our final book report thingy

Post a Comment